World-Class Medical Datasets
Partnerships with a wide variety of world-renowned academic and community hospitals as well as private clinics gives us the raw materials to achieve our mission.
Founded by Canadian-trained radiologists, 16 Bit is well versed in the challenges facing medicine today and where AI can be leveraged to overcome them.
Advanced Networks and Computation
Amidst a revolution in artificial intelligence, we design custom neural network architectures and train them using state-of-the-art hardware.
The purpose of this initiative is two-fold. First, to collate a large high-quality clinical dataset on hospitalized COVID-19 patients and make this data freely accessible for the purposes of mobilizing the world's innovators and researchers. Secondly, we aim to use this dataset to develop a clinical tool to predict the course of hospitalized COVID-19 patients in an effort to improve morbidity and mortality as well as improve healthcare resource utilization and predictability at the systems level.Partner With Us
At least 1 in 3 women and 1 in 5 men suffer from an osteoporotic fracture in their lifetime. The current clinically accepted gold-standard to screen for osteoporosis is a dual-energy x-ray absorptiometry (DEXA) scan. 16 Bit plans to change this paradigm with its patent-pending technology which will enable less costly and more ubiquitous population screening for osteoporosis as well as more robust fracture risk stratification. To achieve this, 16 Bit has partnered with the Canadian Multi-Center Osteoporosis Study (CaMos) with funding support from Amgen.
Breast Cancer Screening
1 in 8 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in their lifetime. Mammography is a well-established modality used to screen for breast cancer. 16 Bit is working on a screening algorithm to triage mammograms and assist radiologists in their interpretation.
Pediatric Bone Age
Pediatric populations frequently require correlation between skeletal maturation and chronological age. Currently, radiographs of hands are used and patients are categorized based on the presence and absence of bony features. This method is dated and cumbersome. 16 Bit participated in the 2017 RSNA Machine Learning Challenge and achieved 1st place.Try our bone age model
You will be joining a passionate multi-disciplinary team whose core value is to improve healthcare quality and equity for all people around the globe. Your contributions will be invaluable in helping 16 Bit achieve this grand vision.
Lean and Agile Team
Work together directly with the founders and participate in key decision making that will help guide the future direction of 16 Bit.
Work where you are most productive and comfortable.
- Lead 16 Bit’s product development and launch which will include a flexible on-premise and cloud-based platform which will be used to deliver breakthrough AI medical algorithms
- Provide leadership to the team on all things cloud, virtual machines, containers and scalability
- Employ a microservices architecture to construct components of our platform which provides medical AI inference-as-a-service
- Develop and maintain front-end web interfaces
- Design and consume RESTful APIs
- Setup and manage customer and development databases
- Securely deploy containerized applications to customers via cloud platforms or custom installations at healthcare institutions
- Write well-crafted, well-tested, readable, maintainable code
- Develop product documentation to ensure regulatory compliance for software-as-a-medical device (SaMD) (i.e. software requirement specifications, user manuals etc)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in computer science, engineering, or related field
- 5+ years professional software development experience
- A track record for successfully launching products and balancing customer requirements, business objectives and technical constraints
- Experience building and deploying cloud technology at scale on any or all of AWS, GCP or Azure
- In-depth knowledge of containerization (Docker) and container orchestration (Kubernetes/Swarm/Compose).
- Experience in building DevOps and Cloud automation tools using Java, Python, Golang and/or Pulumi/Terraform
- Experience in utilization reviews and performance monitoring/tuning
- Experience with Python frameworks like Flask or Django
- Experience designing and consuming REST APIs
- Thorough understanding of SQL and NOSQL databases
- Hands-on network configuration involving load balancers, firewalls, ACLs and TCP/IP core components (http, DNS, routing, etc)
- Demonstrate strong understanding of development processes and agile methodologies
- Proficient in git and linux terminal
- Exceptional communication skills fit for a distributed team
- Leadership skills to head the deployment and integration components of our products
- Highly motivated and able to learn quickly
- Experience working at an early stage startup.
- Experience building software-as-a-medical device (SaMD), operating within a medical device company and the regulations that come with it
- Peer-reviewed publications
- Experience with handling sensitive health information in a HIPAA compliant environment.
- Machine learning experience both training and deploying ML products
Thank you for your interest in our mission. We look forward to hearing from you. Qualified candidates should use the contact form below with a link to their resumes.
A deep-dive into how we trained a neural network to predict pediatric bone age with a mean absolute difference of 4.265 months.Read more
Get in touch if you would like to partner with us or if you have any questions or comments.